HOW TO PURCHASE AN AUDIOBOOK (IN DOWNLOAD FORMAT) FROM THE BOOKS IN MOTION WEBSITE
- Visit our website at http://www.booksinmotion.com
- Select the audiobook of your choice by adding the audiobook to your cart (CLICK ADD TO CART).
- When you are done shopping, go to your CART at the top of the Books In Motion website. You can either VIEW CART or CHECKOUT if you’re ready to make your purchase.
- You will then be prompted to SIGN UP or SIGN IN to make your purchase: If you are not a member of our website already, sign up as a new customer. If you are a member already, please login using your username and password by signing in.
- Either VIEW CART or CHECKOUT to complete your purchase. Click CHECKOUT when ready to complete the transaction.
- If you have any COUPON, please enter in the box labeled COUPON and APPLY COUPON.
- Select CREDIT CARD as your payment method. Visa and Mastercard Only.
- If you have any ADDITIONAL COMMENTS, add them in the box entitled Add Comments About Your Order.
- Check the box that you agree to the Terms and Conditions, then click CONTINUE.
On the Checkout Confirmation Page:
- If you have a COUPON, apply that coupon and click APPLY COUPON. You should see the discount, in green, at the top of the Checkout Confirmation Page (Success: Your coupon discount has been applied!).
- Add your credit card information. Once you have added the credit card information, click CONFIRM ORDER.
- After your order is confirmed, you will see that your order has been successfully processed. Read the instructions on how to retrieve your download will appear.
To retrieve your download after purchase:
- Click MY ACCOUNT after purchase.
- Locate your downloads, under the MY ORDERS category of the My Account page.
- You will see your download available. You have three (3) attempts to download the audiobook.
- Click DOWNLOAD to begin the download process.
- You will be prompted to either Open or Save the audiobook file…SAVE THE FILE on your computer, where you know you can locate once the download completes. If in doubt, save to your DESKTOP.
- Click OK to SAVE file.
Every computer is different when it comes to downloading files from the Internet. Our audiobook files are around 400MB, it may take some time depending on your internet connection. Be patient and watch your monitor to see the progress of your download. If for any reason your computer drops the connection, you will have to begin the download process again.
The download is complete:
- Locate the audiobook in the location your audiobook download was saved in your computer.
- Our audiobooks come in a zipped folder. YOU MUST UNZIP THE FOLDER IN ORDER TO OPEN THE MAIN FOLDER OF THAT AUDIOBOOK TO RETRIEVE/PLAY THE AUDIOBOOK FILES. If your computer does not have the compressed zipped folder application, you must install that before proceeding. Click this link to choose what device you'll be adding your audiobook download to:
ONCE/IF you have the compressed zipped folder application on your computer or mobile device:
- Locate your download you just purchased. Scroll over the audiobook zipped file and using your mouse, right click.
- Select the option OPEN WITH/COMPRESSED ZIPPED FOLDERS.
- You will now see the standard audiobook folder, inside that are the .MP3 audiobook files.
HOW DOES THE CUSTOMER PLAY OUR AUDIOBOOKS IN iTUNES?
- Open iTUNES
- Go to File/Add Folder to Library
- Find the audiobook folder you just decompressed/extracted and select it
- Click OK
For Desktop PCs that do not already have Windows Media Player, click HERE to install.
For Android phone users who can install Windows Media Player:
Step 1 - Turn on your phone and wait for the home screen to appear. Go to the Google Play Store in the Android market by clicking on this icon
Step 2 - Tap on the "Search" icon at the top of the Google Play Store. Tap the search bar that appears and use the keyboard on your phone to type in "Windows Media Player" and press the "Enter" button. You will see a list of available applications.
Step 3 - Tap on the result that reads "Windows Media Player" to move to the next screen. You will see a page showing information about the application including a "Download" button. Tap this button and wait for the phone to download the installation file for this application. When it is finished, the button will change to read "Install."
Step 4 - Tap the "Install" button and the installation package for the application will open. Tap "Yes" to accept the user's agreement and the usage details. The phone will now install the program and you will see a status bar at the top of the screen. When it reaches 100 percent, the program will be installed and ready to access in your apps folder.
TO PLAY YOUR AUDIOBOOK ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE ONCE WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER HAS BEEN ADDED:
Step 1 - Go to My Files (may have to go into your internal storage)
Step 2 - Cloick on Download History.
Step 3 - Choose the audiobook that was just purchasd/downloaded.
Step 4 - Click on Extract/ Unzip (top right-hand corner).
Step 5 - Audiobook should go to Play Music (audiobook should be in Albums)
The audiobook now exists in their iTunes or Windows Media Player library! If you have any trouble, contact Books In Motion and we will be more than happy to assist you. Our hours are M-F, 8:30AM – 5:00PM, PST. Thank you for purchasing and enjoy your audiobook!